- FoF: ”Universiteten har glidit in i ett lydnadsförhållande under regeringen”
- Samhällsvetarpodden: Vi kan inte ha ”vackert-väder-styrning” längre
- DN Debatt: All viktig forskning passar inte i löpsedelsformatet
- Högskolepodden #16 – Academic Freedom
- HERO in Almedalen: Who drops out of teacher training and why?
- ‘European Universities – Critical Futures’ Final Conference
- CfP: Higher Education and Research as Contested Terrain: How and Why Organizing Matters
- The future of higher education
- A panel discussion on the research basis of higher education
- Academic Freedom in a New Era
- Expertise and Democracy — Challenges Within and Without
- The Humanities and the Modern Politics of Knowledge
- Eighth Annual Conference on the History of Recent Social Science (HISRESS)
SEPTEMBER 26, 13:15–15:00
The University in the Age of Unbridled Knowledge Production
Robert Frodeman presents ongoing research.
At the founding of the University of Berlin, Wilhelm von Humboldt described scholarship ‘as something not yet achieved and as something that cannot ever be completely achieved’ – i.e., as an infinite research project. Universities still treat the production of knowledge as infinite, even as the center of knowledge production has moved off campus. Whether in the corporate sphere or across social media, knowledge today is unbridled in its pursuit of its political and economic ends. How should the university respond to these new socio-epistemic conditions?
The seminar will be held in English.
Venue: 4-0019, English Park Campus.
Organized by HERO.
A Week on Academic Freedom
Monday October 23 to Friday October 27, 2023
"A Week on Academic Freedom" is a joint initiative by the research program Democracy and Higher Education, Higher Education and Research as Objects of Study, and Swedish Collegium for Advanced Study. A series of events will be organized on the common theme of academic freedom over the course of a week. All events take place in Uppsala between October 23–27.
23 oct. Academic Freedom and Responsibility in Policy and Practice
24 oct. The Relationship between Academia and Society in Troubled Times
25 oct. Hur står det till med den akademiska friheten?
26 oct. Academic Citizenship in Perspective
27 oct. Varieties of Collegiality
For more information, see conference page.